Description of ‘Ethnographic Signs’
Project activities give possibilities and involvement for the parents in creating process of art work together with their children. In the same time it is good communication how to improve knowledge about national culture and culture heritage- national ornaments.
Each participant at first creates only the one half of the sign leaving other half to partner and after creates own ornamental signs work.
Children 6-7 age + parents.
Workshop activities planned as:
- Stories and photos about Latvian Etnographical ornaments.
- Art work creation – each participant at first creates only the one half of the sign leaving other half to partner after creates own ornamental signs work. Children and parents under the guidance of teacher / artist creates designs of ornamental signs using Oracal polyester film (which is previously cut into small squares).
- Final exhibition or action – creation of common Ethnographic Belt
Results and reflections of after the workshops:
- Cooperation and abilities work in pairs.
- Tactil abilities to agquairing the tehnology of collaging small squares emproves.
- To emprove abilities of thinking, discussing, composing, cooperating.
- To enjoy together with parents about exhibion and show.
- The parents answering questions about event and activities.